The Start
Hi Reader,
To briefly start off, let me introduce myself and this blog. My name is Simon and I am a Licenced Financial Planner with an Independent Financial Advisory in Singapore. Yes, many of you have heard of the term Financial Planner and might not have a good impression. I am not here to change your mindset but if you would , I am here to help you change your ways of handling your finances.
The purpose of this blog is really to just do financial planning. What planning you ask. Retirement planning, savings planning, loan planning, housing refinancing etc. Sure, everyone who is literate and been through the 10 compulsory years of education in Singapore will be able to plan for him or herself to a certain extent. That's where we financial planners come in, to help you plan more in depth. To spot the little overlooks that would otherwise affect your desired outcome.
Why am I doing this? You may not believe it, or heard it many times but I have this desire to help people who need help with their finances, and to educate them on how to handle their finances. There are many people in Singapore who have a few insurance policies but do not know the coverage of the policies. There are also people who have burnt their fingers at the stock market while trying to earn a quick buck. Because they of repeated failures, they shun investment and insurance. They need help, but due to their mindset that financial planners are out to earn their money, they often reject getting help. So I am here, to offer help, without the idea of earning your money, thus breaking the mental barrier that would often deter people from seeking advice.
I will not state my company's name for now nor will I offer you any recommendations on any products or services. However I am able to advice you on your policy, just that I will not tell you which are the policies that you should buy in the market. What I will do is just to plan for you, clarify your doubts, and offer alternative generic options to achieve your financial goal. I can offer you a financial plan, with general solutions or alternatives, but will not list any products as 1) I will not be paid to do so, 2) reduce my liability.
So in short let me state what I can offer,
Financial planning for
- Retirement
- Optimal insurance coverage
Loan inquiries
- Motor
- Housing
- Any other types of loans
Insurance policy doubts and inquiries
- Types of policies
- Coverage and limitations of the policies
Traditional Investment vehicles inquiries
- Types of investment vehicles
- Pros and Cons of each vehicle
Basically those are what I can think off hand. But if you do have any questions related to financial planning, be it in investment, insurance or loans, please feel free to leave a message here, or drop me an email. I will publish your cases here (without your name) as a case study so that others can reference my suggestions from it.
This blog will be checked regularly, just that entries will only be posted when I have the free time. Inquiries will be attended to ASAP via email or message board.
Thank you.
To briefly start off, let me introduce myself and this blog. My name is Simon and I am a Licenced Financial Planner with an Independent Financial Advisory in Singapore. Yes, many of you have heard of the term Financial Planner and might not have a good impression. I am not here to change your mindset but if you would , I am here to help you change your ways of handling your finances.
The purpose of this blog is really to just do financial planning. What planning you ask. Retirement planning, savings planning, loan planning, housing refinancing etc. Sure, everyone who is literate and been through the 10 compulsory years of education in Singapore will be able to plan for him or herself to a certain extent. That's where we financial planners come in, to help you plan more in depth. To spot the little overlooks that would otherwise affect your desired outcome.
Why am I doing this? You may not believe it, or heard it many times but I have this desire to help people who need help with their finances, and to educate them on how to handle their finances. There are many people in Singapore who have a few insurance policies but do not know the coverage of the policies. There are also people who have burnt their fingers at the stock market while trying to earn a quick buck. Because they of repeated failures, they shun investment and insurance. They need help, but due to their mindset that financial planners are out to earn their money, they often reject getting help. So I am here, to offer help, without the idea of earning your money, thus breaking the mental barrier that would often deter people from seeking advice.
I will not state my company's name for now nor will I offer you any recommendations on any products or services. However I am able to advice you on your policy, just that I will not tell you which are the policies that you should buy in the market. What I will do is just to plan for you, clarify your doubts, and offer alternative generic options to achieve your financial goal. I can offer you a financial plan, with general solutions or alternatives, but will not list any products as 1) I will not be paid to do so, 2) reduce my liability.
So in short let me state what I can offer,
Financial planning for
- Retirement
- Optimal insurance coverage
Loan inquiries
- Motor
- Housing
- Any other types of loans
Insurance policy doubts and inquiries
- Types of policies
- Coverage and limitations of the policies
Traditional Investment vehicles inquiries
- Types of investment vehicles
- Pros and Cons of each vehicle
Basically those are what I can think off hand. But if you do have any questions related to financial planning, be it in investment, insurance or loans, please feel free to leave a message here, or drop me an email. I will publish your cases here (without your name) as a case study so that others can reference my suggestions from it.
This blog will be checked regularly, just that entries will only be posted when I have the free time. Inquiries will be attended to ASAP via email or message board.
Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home